Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I Can...

So how about I tell you guys about my day:

- My day started with my oral communication class. Had to get up and give a 3 to 5 min. speech basically introducing myself to the class. This didn't actually go too bad, but next time I get in front of the classroom, remind me not to drink coffee before hand. #JitteryMess

- Following that, I went to chapel service today, which featured the beginning of our three-day campus revival. Dr. Nathan Cothen spoke from 1 John 2:15-17 using the subject “I don't love you anymore”, you being the "livelihood left behind after giving one's life to Christ”.  I would say that it was a very riveting message, a message hit me right in the gut. And not in a good way. Conviction? Shame? Failed expectations of self? All of the above.

- Then there was some reading for my next class that I had to rush to complete, and a midterm in another class to finish studying for during that class.

- Then there was… That midterm. Sigh…

Needless to say, as I drove home from New Orleans today, I sat in my usual introspective silence. I usually do a lot of thinking on my way home from school but today… I don't know… Just wasn't feeling good at all. In fact, the events of today were a painful reminder to self that in many things and in many ways, I JUST NEED TO DO BETTER. For the record, this blog has made many a note of how self-critical I am. But today, I was just disgusted.

(Okay, now that I got that off my chest, I can calm down now LOL)

I was fortunate enough to read an e-mail list that I subscribe to - a daily nugget of encouragement that is offered by a life coach that I follow on twitter. The thought for the day is “hold on, press forward, and know that you can do this”. Just what the doctor ordered. (Thanks, Stephanie)

I will have more speeches to deliver for my class. I can work on implementing discipline academically so that I don't put myself in the binds that I put myself in today. Furthermore, I can even forgive myself for not being perfect; for that matter, I can forgive myself for even trying to be. God's grace is sufficient so that I am afforded another opportunity to improve spiritually, mentally, physically. So Thalyn, since it's really NOT the end of the world, next time you start feeling like this, do yourself a favor and shake it off (and do so as quickly as possible).

I can...


No comments:

Post a Comment